The National Family Planning, a Statutory Agency of the Ministry of Health seeks to recruit an
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – GMG/SEG 6
Reporting to the Chairman, the Executive Director will manage and control the operations of the Agency by ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations to attain reproductive health goals while working with members of the Board as well as key stakeholders in the Ministry of Health, Regional Health Authorities and other public and private sector entities.
The Executive Director will be required to:
- Determine national priorities for sexual reproductive services development and implementation in collaboration with programme head and stakeholders.
- Recommend strategies for sexual reproductive health services and interface with regional and other technical staff to facilitate implementation of the sexual reproductive health programme.
- Examine the strategic approaches being used to deliver programmes and recommends change to make the programmes more efficient and effective.
- Maintain linkages with national and international agencies for the co-ordination and implementation of projects supported by donor agency financing.
- Ensure policies and programmes in sexual reproductive health are evidence-based and guided by appropriate research.
- Provide periodic and annual reports on the status and trends of various indicator pertaining to sexual reproductive health.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and develop strategies to implement policy decisions taken.
- Advise the Board and the Ministry of Health on issues arising out of policy implementation and make recommendations for change as required.
- Promote awareness of sexual reproductive health issues, plans and priorities.
- Lead the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework for the sector, including the activities of the SRHA and other actors in the sector.
- Ensure adequate management and control of the income, expenditure and assets of the SRHA,
- and the submission of quarterly, half yearly and annual reports to the Board.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to all staff supervised, by setting objectives and priorities and reviews performance agreed objectives.
- Master’s in Public Health or Social Sciences.
- Ten (10) years related experience at the managerial level, of which at least five (5) should be in a senior management position including experience in financial management in a large private, non-governmental or public sector organization and experience in fundraising, public relations, personnel management, program development, and administration.
- Excellent leadership, networking and relationship-building skills and ability to function as a team player and work with a diverse group of people.
- Demonstrated skills in staff supervision, coaching, and team-building.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of principles and practices of advancing human rights, gender equality and the greater involvement of people living with AIDS.
- Expert knowledge of the laws and regulations governing sexual reproductive health in Jamaica including the NFPB Act, Child Care and Protection Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations governing Statutory Boards including the Public Management Bodies and Accountability Act, the FAA Act and GOJ Procurement guidelines.
- Working knowledge of public sector financial management practices and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of strategic planning and budgeting principles and practices.
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Sound knowledge of research methods and statistical techniques.
- Sound knowledge of new trends and developments in the field of reproductive health.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com to the attention of the (Acting) Director, Human Resource Management and Administration no later September 1, 2017.
We thank all candidates for responding, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted